Friday, May 6, 2016

I'm Participating in Bout of Books 16!

I am going to be participating in Bout of Books 16 this week. I have been looking forward to it. I've participated in two Bout of Books previously. My first was last May and I had a really fun time trying to read more in a week than usual and participating in the fun challenges. My second was in August and I totally failed because that was the week my dad got sick, but I still had fun and I actually won one of the challenges that week! 

For those who don't know what Bout of Books is, from their website:
"The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 16 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog."

Here are the books I'm planning to read this week:


I currently have The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin checked out of the library and I am not likely to finish it before Monday so I'll be finishing that. 



I own but have not yet read Fables Deluxe Edition Volume 11. I may want to re-read Volume 10 since it's been a while. 



I borrowed What I Know For Sure by Oprah Winfrey from my sister and haven't started it yet. I'm hoping to plow through it this week and return it to her when I see her at the end of the month. 


And I want to pick up the newest Rat Queens this weekend and read that this week, too.

If any of my library book requests come this week I may start one of those, as well, since two of the books I've chosen are graphic novels and one is short I will probably be able to get through them pretty quickly but we'll see how the week goes.

If you are planning to participate in Bout of Books 16 make sure you sign up on their blog, and be sure to check back here later this week to see my responses to the daily challenges. 

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment