Monday, May 16, 2016

Bout of Books 16 Wrap Up

Saturday's challenge was to share your favourite Bout of Books memory and I commented about the time I won a challenge during Bout of Books 14 and got to choose a free book from The Book Depository and I got Nimona by Noelle Stevenson, which is an awesome book. I actually ended up buying it for a birthday gift for my sister-in-law and she loved it, too.

Yesterday there was no challenge, it was a free day. And yesterday I fell off the wagon a little bit but I don't regret it because I had a great day. I did some yard work with my husband, then we went to the city and saw the new Captain America movie and went for supper. It was a really nice day.

So, my wrap-up:


I finished The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. I really enjoyed this book.


I read the new volume of Rat Queens and I liked it a lot but I want to read the next volume now, which of course isn't out yet. I like this series a lot. It's pretty unique and the characters are all badass.


I read What I Know for Sure by Oprah Winfrey. It was a nice, quick read. It was okay. It was a little too spiritual for me (I know it's a spiritual book but still.) but I didn't mind it because I was able to plow through it in a day. 


I started the new volume of Fables but I haven't finished it. I actually only read one chapter because I ended up taking yesterday off from the read-a-thon. I am excited to keep reading this one, though, This seems like one of the longer Fables books and I'm excited to see where the story goes.

So overall, I am pretty happy with myself because I normally only read one book in a week or sometimes it takes me two weeks to read a book depending on how long the book is and how often I read.

I had a lot of fun with Bout of Books this week and it kind of got me out of a reading slump I've been in for a few months now, which is great because on Friday 5 of my library book requests came in so I have a lot of reading to do! 


The next Bout of Books will be August 22 - August 28.

Check the Bout of Books blog for more details and updates.

Happy reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment