Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bye For Now

I haven't been feeling very creative lately or inspired to blog. I used to try to make a blog post about once a week but I only want to create content that I am proud of and that I find meaningful and lately, probably as part of my grief, I just haven't been feeling like it. More accurately, I haven't been feeling creative in a public way. I have been writing lots of poetry and some songs, but nothing I want to share right now. And I'm not sure when or if I will feel like sharing it.

I've been considering ending this blog but part of me wants to still have this space available for me to post travel recaps, recipes, book reviews, and things like that when I am motivated. I just don't know if I will feel that way again.
I thought about starting a new blog that is specifically a book blog, or specifically a fashion blog, or something, but I don't think I would enjoy that. The point of The Other Dani is that it encompasses all the things I am interested in. 

I started this blog in 2010, when I was only 21 years old, still in school and still living at home. My life has changed so much since then and I have been so lucky to have this space to work through my quarter-life crisis, and to figure out who I am as I grew into an adult in this world. But maybe I am done with this chapter of my life?



Part of my grief has been not wanting to change from the person my Dad knew me as. How I looked, where I worked, where I lived, etc, while he was still alive was how he knew me, and if I change from that in any way I'll be a person he will never know. But I know that I will have to grow and change as long as I'm alive, of course I will. It's just been hard accepting that in some ways.

And I think that's why part of me wants to hold on to this blog, and in a way, my younger self and who I have been here. But I want to focus my creative energy on other things for a while.
And I just needed to write this post to relieve myself of some of the pressure I've been feeling for the last few months when week after week goes by and I don't post anything here, or I post a few simple photos and nothing else.

I want to step away for a while. And maybe I'll come back, but I'm not making any promises right now. Thank you for everything.
I'll end this the way I started it. 

Bye for now,

Dani 

No comments:

Post a Comment