Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year


I haven't written here for a few weeks. There has been a lot going on in my personal life, which I will write about at some point because I need to, but not today. Today is about new beginnings.

New Years, like most things, is arbitrary and it is what you make it. This year I am buying in to fresh starts, clean slates, and just the idea of something new.


There are a lot of things I want to do in 2016 and I will write those down for myself in my private journal and hold myself accountable to making the most of my time, but more importantly today on January 1st I want to think about the kind of person I want to be this year and going forward. It's a good time to commit to growth. 





I want to be: kinder, quieter, less afraid to show people who I am and tell them how I feel.
I want to: take things slow, listen better, work towards my goals, create little adventures.

On New Years Eve 2016 I don't want to think "this year kicked my ass." I want to think "I kicked ass this year!"



"For what it's worth, it's never too late ... to be whoever you want to be.
There's no time limit, stop whenever you want.
You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing.
We can make the best or the worst of it.
I hope you make the best of it.
And I hope you see things that startle you.
I hope you feel things you never felt before.
I hope you meet people with a different point of view.
I hope you live a life you're proud of.
If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength
to start all over again."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

No comments:

Post a Comment