Friday, August 14, 2015

I'm Participating in Bout of Books 14!

I had a lot of fun participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon in May. It was a fun excuse to read more, and I really enjoyed participating in some of the challenges and sharing them here on my blog, so I am going to participate in the 14th Bout of Books read-a-thon next week.
From the Bout of Books website:

"The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog."

Bout of Books

There are no rules to the read-a-thon, it's just meant to encourage participants to make reading a priority and to maybe try to read more than you normally would in a week.
In May I made it my own personal goal to complete an audio book, an e-book, and a physical book.
Since I'm off work right now (and therefore not commuting) I won't be listening to an audio book, so this time my personal goal is a little bit different.


I just recently started reading South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami on my kobo. I don't think I will finish it before Monday so first up I'm going to be finishing that.



I bought Great House by Nicole Krauss while I was in New York last month so I want to read that. I loved her other novel The History of Love


And if I'm feeling really ambitious or if I finish the other two quickly then I am going to start And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. I have had this book since it came out. I have it in hardcover. and I have never read it. But I have read Hosseini's other books (The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns) and enjoyed them so I think I will like this one.

Also I am making another goal to at least flip through the stack of professional resources I brought home from work at the beginning of the summer. I might not read every single one of them but I will at least look through them.

So that's my plan for next week!

1 comment:

  1. Great book choices! I'm a big Murakami fan, but haven't read South of the Border, West of the Sun yet. Yikes! Have a great time this B.O.B and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete