Monday, May 11, 2015

Bout of Books: Bookish Survey

Today is the first day of Bout of Books! The challenge today is hosted by Writing My Own Fairytale and it's a bookish survey. One winner gets a free book of their choice from The Book Depository, an awesome online book store that I love. Below are my answers to the 5 survey questions.

1. How do you organize your shelves? 
By genre, then alphabetically by last name of author (or subject in the case of bio)

2. What is one of your favorite books that’s not in one of your favorite genres? 
Unbearable Lightness
 by Portia de Rossi isn't the kind of book I would typically pick up, and I read it a few years ago before I got more into biographies so it was something different for me. I bought it before I had my e-reader, when I was on a trip and had read everything I'd brought and I just loved it.


3. What is the last 5 star book you read? 
The last book I rated 5 stars on goodreads was Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.


4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?
I started the audiobook of The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith this morning and I'm excited about that because I finished The Cuckoo's Calling yesterday and really enjoyed it. 
  



5. What book do you recommend the most?
This is hard because I used to work at a bookstore and make recommendations daily, and I've recommended a lot of books to students over the years. I tend to make recommendations based more on the person's personal taste or what they are looking for but I think I've recommended Paper Towns by John Green a lot, to students especially, so I'll go with that.


Check out some of my past book recommendation posts here and here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment