Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Medicine Hat Butterfly House

I spent the weekend in Medicine Hat visiting my sister for her birthday. On Saturday we went to the Butterfly House. I had never been before and really enjoyed it. It's a butterfly conservatory, full of tropical plants, butterflies, and animals. The space is small but very peaceful and beautiful. 



I love this little buddha's attitude.




They gave me a pamphlet so I learned the names of all the different kinds of butterflies. 

Blue Morpho (they are blue inside when they open their wings.)

Starry Night Cracker

Blue Morpho

King Swallowtail

King Swallowtail

Red Eared Slider turtle and koi fish
(I loved the turtles. I had a turtle like this for years.)

Japanese Button Quail

Tiger Long Wing

King Swallowtail

I've been to Medicine Hat many times but I've never been to the Butterfly House before. It was a very cool place.  I definitely recommend a visit if you're in the area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment