Saturday, September 6, 2014

So Now What - The Shins cover

I haven't posted in a while. I started my new job the last week of August and this past week was the first week with students. I've been pretty exhausted and overwhelmed from all the new information, rules, names, etc. that I've been learning every day, plus adjusting to the new commute, and trying to get back into a schedule of waking up early. and my new school had an open house for the community one night last week, creating a 13 hour work day for me.

I do want to get back in the habit of posting more frequently so I did a stripped down cover of my current favourite song.
It's been my favourite song for a while. It's the new track from The Shins (who have been my favourite band for a while.)
It was in the trailer for the new Zach Braff film Wish I Was Here. I've been loving the soundtrack for that film all summer and we were finally able to see it last weekend. It had some obvious flaws and might have benefited from someone other than Braff weighing in on the big decisions (he crowd-sourced it so he could maintain creative freedom) but I still liked it.



"It's sort of an unspoken rule that things will not turn out the way you plan.
You know that I, I can handle all of that if I can still take your hand." 

No comments:

Post a Comment