Saturday, May 17, 2014

Moving On - original song

I wrote this song the other day. It's about moving on from a bad situation, whether it be a relationship or a job or a place or whatever, and feeling stupid for staying so long when it was bad and kind of saying screw you to whatever you're leaving behind.
 Lyrics after the jump.





I gave two years of my life to you but you just couldn't see it through.
Someday when you're looking back you'll realize what you had.
I hope that day comes soon.

After all the lies you told me hoping they'd come true,
After all the time I wasted waiting for you to come through
I'm finally moving on to something better and new.
When you see how far I make it know it's all because of you.

When I think about the times we had, sure I'm sad but it's not so bad.
When I see how much my life will improve the further away I get from you
I'd better move fast.

After all the lies you told me hoping they'd come true,
After all the time I wasted waiting for you to come through
I'm finally moving on to something better and new.
When you see how far I make it know it's all because of you.

I don't know why it took me so long to realize what was going on,
that things would never change and I was kidding myself for staying.
But by the time you catch on I'll be long gone.

After all the lies you told me hoping they'd come true,
After all the time I wasted waiting for you to come through
I'm finally moving on to something better and new.
When you see how far I make it know it's all because of
all the lies you told me, and all the time I wasted.
Look how far I'll make it, just watch how far I'll make it.

I'm finally moving on to something better and new.
and when you see how far I make it know it's all because of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment