Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Fashion Inspiration - Rachel McAdams in About Time

We went to see About Time on the weekend. It is a new romantic comedy from the people who made Love Actually, Notting Hill, Four Weddings and a Funeral, etc. The premise is the main character can travel back in time to relive parts of his own life and change his experiences. He uses this power to pursue love.

The movie was very silly with tons of plot holes and parts that made no sense but I really enjoyed it. It was sweet, sad, uplifting, and funny. It was everything I wanted it to be. It's one of those movies you can't analyze too much or you'll ruin the fun. Also, Bill Nighy is amazing.

Rachel McAdams played the lead female character, the love interest Mary. Mary's style is my style and I loved all her clothes in the movie.


Mary's hair also reminds me of what my hair used to look like. The character spent a lot of time worrying about the look of her fringe (bangs) which I can relate to. 




(this isn't a still, it's an on-set photo. That's the director on the left)


(another on-set photo)





 

I loved Mary's red vintage wedding dress (in the movie poster)



I would definitely recommend the movie to anybody in the mood for something hopeful and light-hearted! (and try not too over-think the time-travel thing. It really doesn't make sense.)

1 comment:

  1. I love her style in this film too, she's so great!

    ReplyDelete