Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bookshelf Tour #2 - The Medium Bookshelf

Bookshelf Tour #2 - the medium bookshelf. This bookshelf comes up to my chin. We got it when we reorganized the house after finishing some renovations back in November because we really needed another shelf and finally had room for it. 


Got it for $15 used from someone over the internet. yay!


On top of this one: 1. purple butterfly candle I got in Puerta Vallarta when I was 12. 2. tea light holder my parents got me in Mexico 3. Eiffell Tower 4. photo of my grandma and I with a strawberry ornament my mom got me (to represent grandma's strawberries) 5. prairie lily teacup a good, old friend gave me when I was younger) 6. photo of my mom and I 7. little dove knickknack from my mom that has part of the prayer of St. Francis on it. 7. photo of a dolphin my grandpa took when he was in the Navy in WWII.


Top shelf: children's literature and YA literature.
: Seuss, fairy tale book, Jungle Book, Alice books, Charlotte's Web, Bambi, Secret Garden, some Pooh, the BFG, 2 Daniel Handler books, this book, this book, Markus Zusak, John Green, David Levithan, perks of being a wallflower, Eleanor & Park, feed, Curious Incident.., Before I Die, Before I Fall, Where Things Come Back, Speak.


Second shelf: bio/autobiography. 
: PostSecret, Bach, Beethoven, Ellen Degeneres, Bob Dylan, Einstein, Tina Fey, Freedom Writers, Ghandi, Pursuit of Happyness, Brief History of Time (on the wrong shelf?), Jay-Z, Mindy Kaling, Bob Marley, Frank McCourt, Portia de Rossi, J.D. Salinger, David Suzuki, Virginia Woolf, this magazine

Third shelf: short story compilations, plays, poetry.
: love stories, Dickens, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, David Foster Wallace, Oscar Wilde, Six Great Modern Plays, Aeschylus, Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf, Hiroshima Mon Amour (technically a screenplay), Cocktail Party, Someday and Dry Lips Oughta Move..., Ibsen, Shakespeare, Sophocles, Tolstoy, some Mark Twain stories (wrong spot), Victorian poets anthology, poetry anthology, for Love by Robert Creeley, Book of Longing, e.e. cummings, Emily Dickinson, T. S. Eliot, Robert Frost, The Spider and the Clock by S. Funaroff, Dearest Creature by Amy Gershwin, Wilderness by Jim Morrison, Pablo Neruda, Sylvia Plath, Alexander Pope, Shel Silverstein, In Memoriam, Dylan Thomas, Leaves of Grass, Canadian poetry anthology, poetry dictionary, Emily Dickinson picture book.


bottom shelf: "to-read" pile aka not yet organized, embroidery floss, comics.
On Beauty, Every Love Story is a Ghost Story, Rethinking Globalization.

Complete Calvin and Hobbes, music history graphic novel, Avatar the Last Airbender comic, Tin Tin, Adventure Time comics and other comic books.

That is the end of the second book shelf tour. I am building up to the big finale - the big momma bookshelf!

No comments:

Post a Comment