Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bookshelf Tour #1 - The Tiniest Bookshelf

I want to start a new series on my blog of bookshelf tours. We have three bookshelves in the library (aka my office) that are just for books, and then three shelves in the living room that are for movies, CDs, records, and video games. I want to start with the bookshelves and then if I feel like it I might get to the other ones.
I will start with the smallest bookshelf.
The shelf itself is a hand-me-down from my parents that I brought with me when I moved.

It comes up to my  lowest ribs (to give an indication of height)

On top of the bookshelf: 1. a motivational plaque. "Risk: to conquer without risk is to triumph without glory." I got this from a company I used to work for. There were three of them in our office that we had to clean out so my two co-workers and I each took one. The company was full of bigger versions covering the place and we thought they were funny.
2. candle holder which was a grad gift from my sister last year. (see here) 3. solar-powered globe from my brother and sister-in-law (also in this post.) 4. four photos I found at my grandparents' old house 5. photo of all four of my grandparents and my parents in my old backyard. 6. Anne of Green Gables lamp/tea light holder from PEI)

This bookshelf is dedicated to series. Top shelf: 1. Harry Potter Film Wizardry book, Dear Mr. Potter, HP series, Beedle the Bard (also a Gringotts galleon from my dad and a little lego Harry and Snape from my parents); 2. Anne of Green Gables series (I have like 3 or 4 copies of the first book), red sand from PEI and a little Anne doll; 3. Narnia series all in one book and the first two books in picture book format.

Middle shelf: 1. His Dark Materials trilogy compiled into one book; 2. Divergent first two books. (read review here.); 3. Hunger Games; 4. Wicked first three books and another Gregory Maguire book; 5. lots of Tolkien
Bottom shelf: 1. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series; 2. a Meg Cabot book followed by the Princess Diaries first 4 books; 5. photo albums and a shoebox of photos.

So that is the tour of the tiniest bookshelf! I really like bookshelf tour blogs and videos because I like seeing how other people organize their books and which books they have, so hopefully you enjoy this little series!

No comments:

Post a Comment