Monday, February 25, 2013

To Read

I have a habit of buying books and not reading them right away and then feeling guilty.
In the past year of so (partially thanks to moving), I have actually gotten rid of a lot of books that I have read and didn't like, or finally admitted I will never read.
But I still have tons. The problem is, I always buy new books and read them before all the other ones on my shelf so my To-Read list gets longer and longer. It didn't help that in May I combined bookshelves with someone (luckily we'd already been sharing books for years but there are still some of his I haven't read)
Here are 10 books I currently own and have not read.

On the Road - Jack Kerouac
The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugenides
On Beauty - Zadie Smith
Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami
Watchmen - Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
Every Love Story Is a Ghost Story - D. T. Max
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks - E. Lockhart
Religion for Atheists - Alain de Botton
Out of Our Minds - Ken Robinson

Ok...those are not all of them but a start. Hopefully in a month or two I will be able to post that I have read all these and share a new list of books on my shelf I haven't read.

If you are interested in my reading habits, I keep track of what books I read here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment