Thursday, November 22, 2012

My New Favourite Place

In my life I have collected many things. When I was younger I collected pencils and stickers mostly.
But my two most lasting collections are books and postcards. I have always been a book-lover, that goes without saying.
When I was 12 my parents took me on a trip across Canada to visit a childhood friend on the other side of the country, and we came back through the States. I bought a postcard in each province and state we were in, and that's how I started my collection.
I always said I would have a room papered with postcards, full of books. And now I finally have it...my dream library!

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
close-up of the art postcards
Photobucket
close-up of Canadian postcards. I've been to every province but Newfoundland, the Yukon, Nunavut, and NWT.
Photobucket
close-up of places in other countries I've been. I've also been to Mexico and some other states but I didn't start collecting postcards until I was 12.
Photobucket
places I haven't been yet...all in Europe. I am only now seeing how crooked some of these are.
They need straightening up.
Photobucket
more Europe postcards
Photobucket
and these are the stacks of ones I couldn't fit. I may put some more up but I'm not sure yet.
I'd like to leave room for all the places I haven't been yet...

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Everyone should have a special place to call their own in which to relax, work, read, and generally be themselves.

    ReplyDelete