Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Longing (Original Song)

A while ago...back in May, I think..I wrote a song about being unhappy in certain situations, yet not really wanting to change anything... a sort of...content longing.



Lyrics after the jump.

I remember that day when I saw you downtown.
I was looking your way, you were clowning around.
You didn't see me looking at you
but even if you had I wouldn't have wanted you to.

This old friend of mine ain't doing so well.
she acts like she's fine but I can still tell.
She don't know how to make things okay
but even if she did I think that she likes it this way.

The people I knew have all disappeared
and whatever I do I'm still stuck out here.
What do I dream of? I just don't know.
So even if I could get out I don't know where I'd go.

Do you remember that day when we drove out of town?
As it faded away, you said "No looking back now."
Looking back now, I wish we'd have stayed.
But if there's one thing I've learned, it's gotta be running away.

No comments:

Post a Comment