Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Ending (Original Song)

I have a hard time letting go of things, generally. Especially relationships.
But I guess sometimes you don't have a choice. I wrote this song at the end of the summer.
It's about shitty friends.

(Ignore my wet hair and awkward-looking knees)

Let me know if you can relate.

Lyrics after the jump.

The Ending

I thought we were friends but I guess not anymore
'Cause last time I showed up you didn't even come to the door.
Real friends don't let their lives get in the way
but if I were to see you now, what would we say?

I'd like to pretend it didn't hurt when you walked right on by.
I'd like to confront you, force you to look me in the eye.
Real friends don't just string each other along.
I thought we were friends but I guess I was wrong.

What are we supposed to do now?
Where do we go from here?
I'd still like to be friends but it's obvious that you don't care.
I guess I'll have to move on and get over you.
I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time.

I thought we'd be friends for a long, long time.
But now I realize it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment