Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Playlist from my 15-year-old self [BEDA 4]

     Spring is always a really reflective/nostalgic time for me. And especially this spring when so many things are ending and beginning, and all my past selves are popping up (when going through things, packing, when listening to old songs, etc)
     To add to that, yesterday I put a post on my facebook page about receiving the new Shins record in the mail and my 15-year-old cousin who's a big music geek (the biggest Foo Fighters fan in the world) asked me if I had heard of The Smiths because her friend bought a vinyl of theirs and it was good.
     It was really cute and got me thinking about what music I loved when I was 15.
     Obviously music is a huge part of people's lives, usually especially so in high school. This playlist from when I was 15 is very different from a playlist my 17-year-old self would have made. Maybe you'll see that one later this month if I am stuck for ideas. But anyways, here.
Enjoy a trip back to 2005.

1. New Slang - The Shins
2. The Scientist - Coldplay
3. Round Here - Counting Crows
4. Such Great Heights - Iron & Wine
5. Butterfly - Rajaton
6. The Boy Who Blocked His Own Shot - Brand New
7. Aurora - Veruca Salt
8. When You're Around (Acoustic) - Motion City Soundtrack
9. Age Six Racer - Dashboard Confessional
10. Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner - Fall Out Boy
11. Lunacy Fringe - The Used

(click the song to go to youtube and listen)

No comments:

Post a Comment