Monday, April 2, 2012

New Book Survey [BEDA 2]

Book Survey taken from here.

I've done one of these before but this one is different. 
 
1. Favorite childhood book?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
2. What are you reading right now?
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
3. Bad book habit?
buying and not reading.
4. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I prefer to read one at a time which means I go through books slowly.
5. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
Yes. I now keep track of what I read and occasionally write reviews.
6. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
I haven't read anything I've really hated but I guess my least favourite would be Feed by M.T. Anderson.
7. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.
8. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
not too often.
9. What is your reading comfort zone?
YA, contemporary realistic fiction, and, for lack of a better term "teacher books"
10. Can you read on the bus?
yes
11. Favorite place to read?
road trips, in my reading chair at home, in bed, or outside.
12. What is your policy on book lending?
I am pro-book lending.
13. Do you ever dog-ear books?
not often.
14. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
Yes.
15. Name a book that made you angry.
One Day by David Nicholls.
16. What makes you love a book?
It depends. Probably the characters, but maybe the setting or the plot.
17. Favorite genre?
I don't know if this is a genre but right now I am really digging 'old books set in New York where nothing really happens but the characters are great' (examples: The Bell Jar, anything by J.D. Salinger, The Great Gatsby...)
18. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Science
19. Favorite biography?
Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi
20. Favorite cookbook?
I have a couple vegetarian ones I like, but I bought The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone and am excited to read it.
21. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
Spanish
22. Favorite Poet?
T.S. Eliot
23. Books you’re most likely to bring on vacation?
YA or something that I've heard is a page-turner.
24. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes. But not alphabetically or by genre, really. They are organized in a way that makes sense to me.
25. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?Keep to re-read. I am really bad at getting rid of books

No comments:

Post a Comment