Monday, April 9, 2012

Bittersweet Memories [BEDA 9]

Today's #photoadayapril challenge was "younger you" so it seemed only fitting that this brilliant music video came out today.

This is the video for Feist's "Bittersweet Melodies," which is a really pretty song, but the great part of the video is the photography of Irina Werning. Werning creates new images of people by recreating photos from their pasts.

Check it out below:

Here's the photo I took for "younger you"
I'll repost on Friday with the others but it seemed appropriate to put it here as well.

I won't be recreating this one. I chose to photograph this photo (which is a strange concept, I think...taking a picture of a picture, rather than scanning it) because of my post yesterday when I was talking about my grandparents.
This is me at age 15 with my grandfathers on Christmas Day. They were making fun of my dyed red hair by putting red Christmas ribbons on their heads.

Do you have a favourite photo or memory you'd like to recreate, or go back to?

EDIT: If you are reading this on an RSS Feed, the video didn't embed so you have to watch it on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment