Friday, February 10, 2012

Today - Original Song

I wrote this song back in April 2010, but a friend of mine recently got some bad news, so I made this to cheer him up.
This was the first song I wrote for guitar that I actually liked. It's based on "Here Comes the Sun".
Making this also gave me a chance to use up some old footage I had on my computer.


Lyrics after the jump.




Hey, little darling,why are you so upset?
Don't you know that spring is here?
Now, little darling, come on, up you get
It's time for you to dry those tears in the sun

Today, let your sadness melt away in the sun today
Don't even worry, put on those funny sunglasses and let your troubles fade away

Today it'll be okay, it'll be okay, it'll be okay

Now stop your crying, let me see that smile
Today's a day to live your dreams
Your eyes are drying. It's been a while since we could bask in the sunbeams like today

Today. Let your sadness melt away in the sun today
Don't even worry, put on those funny sunglasses and let your troubles fade away

Today it'll be okay, it'll be okay, it'll be okay
It's a brand new day today, it'll be okay today
It's a brand new day, a brand new day, it'll be okay
Today you'll be okay, you'll be okay, you'll be okay today.

No comments:

Post a Comment