Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What Life is "About"


"Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw
Since I've gone back to school, I've been trying to take more time to watch films and read books and create things and do things that inspire me but these next couple weeks I am insanely busy with readings and projects and papers and presentations and midterms and whatnot. So I don't know how great my blog posts will be.

However, I made this collage a couple weekends ago and I really like the quotation. I think it especially apt in my final semester of university. It provides comfort in a time of anxiety, when everything is so up in the air and I have no clear path or direction and I really don't know where my life will lead, or where I will be and what I will be doing even a few months from now. I put the collage on my wall in my closet, next to my mirror and I look at it every day as an affirmation.

Do you like the quotation? Do you agree with it?

I don't think I'm old enough or wise enough to claim what life is about, and I don't know if I'll ever be confident/presumptious enough to make a statement like that one. because obviously every life is not "about" the same thing.
but these days I just need a little reminder that I cannot control everything and that that's not really the point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment