Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Layout (and the World Goes BOOM)

New year, new layout. If you read this blog through RSS or something similar, check it out at the main site.

Update on my book resolution from 2011:

I only read 45 books, which I am still happy about. I could have rushed through 5 books in the last 2 days but I didn't want to.
You can see what I read and where I went wrong (Hello, February and November) here.
I'm going to continue to track what I read this year because I think it's interesting, but I'm not making any resolutions. If you find it interesting, too, follow here. 

My sister is big on resolutions but I don't really make them. She kind of pressured me into telling her my goals for the year, though, so here they are:
- convocate
- get a full time teaching job for September
- move out
- go to at least 3 new countries (Europe trip in July for graduation hopefully...it's in the works.)

What are yours?

And now, here is DJ Earworm's latest mash-up of the 25 biggest hits of 2011 for the US.
I did a post about him last year.

Of his new mashup, he says, "2011 gave us songs of regret and anger, pride and perseverence, and lots of fire. When someone's taken everything from you, what do you do?"



   Once again, the focus is on the positive. Even with the world going boom, people are still partying and dancing. My favourite lyric is "I got my pop, I got my dance, I got that rock and roll/ You can take everything but you can't take my soul." 
   I think that sums it up nicely.

So far my 2012 has been spending time relaxing with friends and family, getting ready to go back to school and start a new job, and looking forward to the year. I think it's going to be a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! He always does an amazing job with his mash-ups!!!

    ReplyDelete