Friday, September 9, 2011

Monte Carlo film stills

So last night I decided to watch Monte Carlo instead of Country Strong. And the thing is: I liked it.
I mean, of course it was every bit as cheesy and cliche as I expected, but it was a really pretty film to watch. Everything in it was eye candy. All of the people in the movie were super attractive, the clothes were really nice, and it was all in Paris and Monte Carlo so it was really nice to look at.

I watched a really low-quality version, so all of the stills look old-timey, which adds something to them, I think.




The premise of the movie is: Three girls (Leighton Meester, Katie Cassidy, and Selena Gomez) go to Paris but their tour abandons them at the Eiffel Tower. They discover one of the girls (Gomez) looks like a famous socialite who is in town, heading to Monte Carlo. They figure it out when they see the girl in a hotel, talking on the phone about how she is skipping town. So Gomez poses as the girl and they go to Monte Carlo and have a grand old time pretending to be rich.



They all spend time gallavanting around a foreign country with various hot men, they all do some soul-searching and in the end the truth comes out but it's all okay and everybody gets exactly what they wanted, and they all end up with really hot, nice guys. Romantic comedy for sure. 

At one point, one of the characters is watching a Grace Kelly film (because they are in Monaco, get it?) but I think Leighton Meester looks like Kelly in this photo. For some reason it reminds me of this one:



Leighton Meester and this other girl up here are both from Gossip Girl, and that dude is in Glee, and Selena Gomez is a Disney princess and Justin Bieber's girlfriend, so it is loaded with preteen idols. It reminded me of movies I watched when I was a preteen, like Sabrina Goes to Rome and the Lizzie Maguire movie. 


It made me want to travel, and go shopping, which I think was probably the goal. I wouldn't recommend it unless it comes on while you're on an airplane or something like that, but it is pretty, so enjoy the stills.

Have a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I like the grainy stills, as well. Makes it look like a art film from the 60s...and then Selena Gomez is in it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the cinematography really didn't fit with the film. It was like the art director really didn't want to be making the movie but was doing it for the money or something. Like the shot of the plane landing or Paris out of the window. So pretty, doesn't fit into the movie. Or there was this weird part when their bus was driving by the Arc D'Triomphe where it switched camera angles really suddenly back and forth to look like stop motion. I was like "did that just happen?" It was odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Now I HAVE to watch it! :)

    ReplyDelete