Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grandma's Garden

My grandma was famous in our family for her love of bright colours, on her clothes and in her garden. I wanted to share some photos I took of her beautiful garden when I was there last week.

just in this one tiny section you can see purple, yellow, orange, pink, and 3 or 4 different greens.

I love lilies and her garden has all colours.

but what her garden is most famous for among the grandchildren are the raspberries, peas, and...strawberries!
The strawberry patch was always the first place we went to when we visited, and grandma purposely hadn't picked them for a couple of days before we came to make sure there were lots for us to eat.


so many different types and colours of flowers.


I wasn't the only one enjoying the flowers. That bee thought they were delicious!



The hollyhocks weren't in bloom but I took a picture anyways because she once wrote me a story called "Grandma's hollyhocks" inspired by these plants.

One day I want to have a garden like this.

Books Read So Far in 2011: 25
Currently Reading: Sisterhood Everlasting  by Ann Brashares

No comments:

Post a Comment