Thursday, June 30, 2011

Indie Rock Canada Day

Happy Long Weekend! Hurray for Freedom and Patriotism and having a day off work but still getting paid and stuff! I made a playlist!

The Process: I made a list of all the Canadian artists on my iPod, then I narrowed it down to ones I've seen live, then I narrowed it down to 15 favourites, then I picked a song that I think would be a great song to listen to while having a BBQ or chilling in the park or watching some fireworks.
And instead of making each song a clickable link to a youtube video (which is what I usually do), I made an actual youtube playlist and decided to embed it because some people didn't realize that on the playlists I make, the songs are links. And I wanted to make it easy for you to listen to it if you want. Enjoy!

The Playlist:
Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
Barenaked Ladies - Pinch Me
Broken Social Scene - 7/4 Shoreline
Feist - Mushaboom
Final Fantasy - This Lamb Sells Condos
Joel Plaskett - Penny for Your Thoughts
Mother Mother - Wrecking Ball
Patrick Watson - Luscious Life
Sarah Harmer - Captive
Sarah Slean - Day One
Sam Roberts - Dead End
Stars - Reunion
Tegan and Sara - Back In Your Head
The Trews - Every Inambition
Wolf Parade - I'll Believe in Anything



I am going out of town for the weekend, to see The Black Keys tonight and hang out with some friends and go to a lake and have an excellent long weekend. So I will probably post a Black Keys blog post next week. Have a great long weekend, everyone!

Books Read So Far in 2011: 20
Currently Reading: re-reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Also, with my Sasquatch posts and the Sherman Alexie post, I reached almost 900 page views in the month of June! Thanks for all your support, you guys are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment