Monday, March 7, 2011

Mashups and Medleys

Last night I went to that new Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston movie Just Go With It and I really liked it. It was funny, the actors had good chemistry, and it was set in California and Hawaii so it was nice to look at and it made me feel all warm and happy like vacation movies always do. It kind of reminded me of Forgetting Sarah Marshall, too, which is one of my favourite movies. It also had a really great soundtrack, featuring songs by The Police, The Beach Boys, and some interesting mash-ups.
We all know I love me some mash-ups, but sometimes I find them disconcerting, like my ears only want to listen to one song at a time and that's kind of how I felt about these two mash-ups featured on the film's soundtrack.
1.) "Tender Umbrella" (Umbrella by Rhianna and Tenderness by General Public)
2.) "Every Car You Chase" (Every Breath You Take by The Police and Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol)

In any case, it made me think of some of the great/interesting mash-ups I've come across lately on the internet and I wanted to share some.
(Born This Way by Lady Gaga, Waterfalls by TLC, Express Yourself by Madonna, Vogue by Madonna, Fever by Adam Lambert, When Love Takes Over by David Guetta, Walk Away by Kelly Clarkson, God is a DJ by Pink) - more of a medley
Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley and Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (this is another one of those disconcerting ones, kind of uncomfortable but it's interesting)
Sprawl of Glass (Sprawl II by Arcade Fire and Heart of Glass by Blondie - scroll down to play the song)

Books Read So Far: 6
Currently Reading: I just finished The BFG so now I want to finish The Element.

This is my 50th post! Awesome!
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. That Arcade Fire and Blondie mash-up is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete