Sunday, February 27, 2011

Raise the Roof

Well, that week went by too fast. It wasn't that productive but it was fun. I worked a lot, went to Moose Jaw for a day trip with my sister, had my nephews stay with us for a few days, hung out with some friends, celebrated my boyfriend's dad's birthday and my mom's birthday... Pretty good week.
My boyfriend's dad's birthday party was Friday night and that was fun. and my family got my mom Elton John tickets for her birthday so she's excited. She didn't get to see him when he came to Regina last time, and he's one of her favourites. She even had a cat named Elton when she was my age. I heard from somebody that all the side-by-side seats sold out in 28 seconds or something ridiculous but I managed to get my parents really great floor seats, so that's awesome.

Sadly, at the same time my boyfriend was trying to buy 6 tickets to the Black Keys show in Saskatoon in June and the website crapped out in the middle of the transaction (as it did for a bunch of people. FU TCU!) and we tried for over an hour to get tickets. Miraculously, we did manage to get tickets. 6 seats all together, too! but on the second balcony. Oh well, at least we're going, it should be a great show. 
And our Sasquatch tickets came in the mail last week! Woo hoo!

I'm really not looking forward to going back to school tomorrow, especially since I haven't really done anything for school all week and when I go back it's going to be crunch time. Ugh.

But I have a lunch date with a friend I haven't seen in a while tomorrow and I have a Skype date with a faraway friend on Tuesday. And I work all week. So there will be plenty of distractions from school and my growing to-do list. 

This was just a quick personal blog because I didn't do two updates last week and I don't have any ideas or time this week so we'll see what happens. 

I've been doing pathetically with my 50 book challenge, too. This week was "reading week" and I didn't even read a book. Shameful.

this is the pendant I made out of that stone I bought in Moose Jaw last week. It turned out great, I love the colours.

Here's to a fun, productive week, and the beginning of a new month! Hopefully you are all managing time better than I am, and are achieving your own personal goals as well as obligations for school, work, etc. I'm not doing any of it but tomorrow will be a wake up call...back to reality (oh, there goes gravity...)

What a frickin' rambly post.

Books Read so Far: too few.
Currently Reading: The Element.

1 comment: