Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Book Survey

I found this survey on this awesome tumblr, Nose in a Book. It's supposed to be one of those things where you answer one question every day but I just decided to make a post of it. I wish I'd been keeping track of what I read in 2010 for the first question. Maybe I will try to remember to do this post again after 2011 is over (if I'm still updating this blog then) for all the books I read in 2011. Anyways, here is the survey. 

1. Best book I read last year - Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green.

2. A book that you’ve read more than 3 times Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

3. Your favourite series - Harry Potter.

4. Your favourite book of your favourite series Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows



5. A book that makes you happy A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein

6. A book that makes you sad Looking for Alaska by John Green

7. Most underrated book - I don't think I read a lot of underrated books. I guess I think a lot of locally published books are underrated. More people should support local authors and publishers.

8. Most overrated book - Twilight.

9. A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving - I can't think of one. Usually I go into books pretty open-minded, I think. It happens more often that I think I'll like something and then don't. 

10. Favorite classic book The Catcher in The Rye by J.D. Salinger

11. A book you hated Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad



12. A book you used to love but don’t anymore - there are probably a lot of books I read when I was younger that I've outgrown but I haven't re-read any for a while so it's hard to say.

13. Your favorite writer - ugh, so hard. Probably L.M. Montgomery, J.K. Rowling, or John Green.

14. Favorite book of your favorite writer Anne of Green Gables, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and Paper Towns.

15. Favorite male character - the boy who lived. (Harry Potter, obviously.)

16. Favorite female character - Alba from House of the Spirits.

17. Favorite quote from your favorite book - hmm. I don't want to pick a favourite book but I'll put three quotations that I love. 
 "It's the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more."
 -Dumbledore.
"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"
 - Anne of Green Gables.
"I go to seek a great perhaps."
 -Francois Rabelais/Pudge from Looking for Alaska.

18. A book that disappointed you One Day by David Nicholls



19. Favorite book turned into a movie - I'm going to pick one that hasn't been turned into a movie yet, because I find usually the prospect of having a favourite book turned into a movie is more exciting than the actual movie. People are always dissapointed (and I'm guilty of it too) because they want the film adaptation to be their own version and experience of the book, which is impossible because they didn't make the movie. So I'll just say I'm excited for The Hunger Games movie.

20. Favorite romance book The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

21. Favorite book from your childhood The BFG by Roald Dahl

22. Favorite book you own - My Oxford Dictionary of Quotations.

23. A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

24. A book that you wish more people would’ve read - same as underrated book. 

25. A character who you can relate to the most - Alaska Young from Looking for Alaska. In some aspects, at least. 

26. A book that changed your opinion about something - hmm. I mostly read novels and can't think of one that's changed my opinion. I'm going to read The Element by Ken Robinson, soon, though. That will likely shake things up a bit for me, hopefully.

27. The most surprising plot twist or ending - I don't want to give anything away for anybody so I'm not going to put it here.

28. Favorite title The Unbearable Lightness of Being (Milan Kundera)

29. A book everyone hated but you liked - I don't know. Anything I had to read in the first two years of high school English. Flowers for AlgernonInherit the Wind. I think it was mostly that I liked books and the rest of them didn't. 

30. Your favorite book of all time - impossible question.

"A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul." 
 -Franz Kafka

Feel free to post your own answers to any/all of these questions in the comments. and have a good week!

Books read so far: 4
Currently Reading: Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill.

No comments:

Post a Comment