Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ferris Bueller Is My Hero

     A couple of weeks ago somebody quoted a line from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It was probably the stupid, overly-quoted Ben Stein "Bueller...Bueller..." thing. Not important. My friend said he'd never seen the movie. This had to be rectified immediately, of course, so I lent him the DVD and I told him: "This movie will make you wish you were in high school again so you could have another chance to have a day like that."  And since then I've been thinking about John Hughes' movies. And we all know I like to make lists about things.
     So.... looking at the films Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986, written and directed by John Hughes), The Breakfast Club (1985, written and directed by John Hughes), Pretty In Pink (1986, written by John Hughes, directed by Howard Deutch), and Sixteen Candles (1984, written and directed by John Hughes), I'm going to make some lists. Yay!
Here you go:

Guys You Wanted To Be
1. Ferris Bueller. Every guy and girl wants to be Ferris Bueller. He's the coolest.
2. Ducky from Pretty In Pink. Awesome style, great dance moves. Sure he has a burning unrequited love for his best friend, but who didn't in high school? (joke.)
3. John Bender from The Breakfast Club. Total badass.

Guys You Wanted To Date
1. John Bender, again. Obviously. I mean, look at that fist pump of triumph. I want someone to do that after kissing me!
2. I always had a little thing for Cameron. He's the quiet, mysterious type.
3. Jake Ryan. Dreamboat.

Girls You Wanted To Be
1. Andie Walsh from Pretty In Pink. Awesome clothes, cool job. A great best friend.
2. Samantha Baker from Sixteen Candles. Her whole family forgets her birthday, but then she gets with the hot guy at the end.
3. Claire Standish from The Breakfast Club. She's rich, spoiled, and she gets with Judd Nelson. 'Nuf said.

Girls You Wanted To Date
1. Sloane Peterson from Ferris Bueller. Coolest and hottest girlfriend ever.
2. Andie Walsh. Dream girl of best friends, assholes, and popular rich guys alike.
3. Jeannie Bueller. "...most guys call me Shauna." Crack addict Charlie Sheen didn't know what hit him.

Best Couples
1. Claire & Bender from The Breakfast Club.
2. Ferris & Sloane from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
3. Sam & Jake from Sixteen Candles.

Honourable Mention: Andie & Ducky. Not a real couple but so cute.

And there you have it!

*By the way, the best part of this post was all the photos the links led to, so if you didn't click them you really missed out.

Books Read So Far: 3
Currently Reading: Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!

    This post had the best timing! I was looking for movies to watch this weekend to pass some time and these are perfect. I've seen Ferris Bueller's Day off and Pretty in Pink a hundred times, but other two are really fuzzy, I'm not sure I've ever even seen Sixteen Candles.

    Thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete